A deteriorating security situation in the northern parts of Afghanistan has resulted in two former rivals Gen. Abdul Rashid Dostum and Atta Mohammad Noor setting aside their differences and forging a new coalition aimed at fighting insurgents.
To watch the whole program, click here:
• Is such a coalition a positive move?
• Is this coalition being formed in the interests of Afghanistan and do they want peace in northern Afghanistan?
• Do the political elite worry about losing their influence in the north and has this move been based on personal interests?
• The government leaders did not support this recent move so does this mean it’s a parallel move against the government?
In this episode of Ba Rewayate Digar, host Muslim Sherzad discusses the topic with the following guests:
• Samiullah Samim, MP
• Shah Hussain Murtazawi, journalist
• Abdul Saboor Saboor, member of Jamyat-e-Islami Party
• Bashir Ahmad Tayanj, MP