The Kabul Appeals Court has allegedly reversed the Primary Court’s sentence of the death penalty handed down in May to four accused in the Farkhunda murder case.
To watch the whole program, click here:
Those handed the death penalty in a ruling in May have now reportedly had their sentences reduced to 20 years in prison, a source told TOLOnews on condition of anonymity.
The decision came Wednesday after a “secret trial”, the source added.
In this episode of Ba Rewayate Digar, host Muslim Sherzad discusses the topic with the following guests:
• Farkhunda Zahra Naderi, MP
• Mahbuba Seraj, member of fact-finding team on Farkhunda’s case
• Rohuallah Qaderizada, head of Afghanistan Association of Lawyers
• Aziza Adalatkhwa, Head of the Legal Department of the Ministry of Women’s Affairs
• Bari Salam, civil society activist