Deadly Suicide Bombing in Khost Leaves 26 Civilians Dead

At least 26 civilians were killed Sunday evening in a deadly suicide attack in eastern Khost, near an Afghan military base once run by CIA, officials said.

Ten other civilians were injured the bombing, local officials added.

The incident happened justs days before Eid when a suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden vehicle in a crowded area, close to Chapman base, Provincial Police Chief, Faizullah Ghairat said.

The base was named after a slain U.S. Soldier, Chapman, who was killed in the Afghan war.

At least seven CIA employees and a Jordanian intelligence officer were killed in an attack on the base, claimed by Pakistani Taliban, in 2009.

However, no group including the Taliban has so far claimed responsibility for Khost bombing.

Be the first to comment on "Deadly Suicide Bombing in Khost Leaves 26 Civilians Dead"

Leave a comment