Fifty Dead, 53 Injured In Orlando Mass Shooting

us-11-6

Fifty people died and another 53 were injured when a gunman opened fire and seized hostages at a gay nightclub in Florida, police said Sunday, making it the worst mass shooting in US history.

“We have cleared the building, and it is with great sadness that I share we have not 20 but 50 casualties in addition to the shooter,” Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer told a news briefing, raising the death toll from 20 previously.

“There are another 53 that are hospitalized.”

U.S media reports state the gunman was 29-year-old Omar Mateen. Unconfirmed, early reports, indicate he was born in the U.S to Afghan parents.

Be the first to comment on "Fifty Dead, 53 Injured In Orlando Mass Shooting"

Leave a comment